Monday, January 10, 2005

Do "Nasty", "Cranky", and "Horrendous" Make Ten?

I hate my medication. I haaaaaaaate it. Hatey hate.

I'm trying to work but I have a nasty feeling everywhere between esophagus and belly. This will continue for a week, at least. It always does. My appetite will drop off to nothing, because everything I put in my mouth will taste funny, if by funny you mean inedible. Sodas will taste flat, the texture of the foods I like will feel too grainy or slippery or whatnot, and I'll stop wanting food for a while. I will not, however, lose weight, since this stuff also slows my metabolism down to a leisurely crawl.

The whole world has blue veins like an old person's leg. I'm surrounded by beige walls and my peripheral vision is full of slowly crawling light. Moving makes me sick. Not moving makes me sick. If I'm lucky, I won't hork all over my keyboard and they'll send us home early, because calls aren't coming in for shit or Shinola, and the ones that are are all the usual gang of idiots and I'm not doing myself any favors by being here.

I feel so gross. Even the new TN and my Elvis Twin can't cheer me up. Bleah. Bluh. Blah. Why is the disease preferable to the stop-gap cure?

5 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

Yikes, Elvis Twin, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling as swell as normal. I'd offer to do my Ethel Merman Impersonation (Complete with Fire Batons, spangly swimsuit, and tap dance routine performed on the nearest tabletop or bar) but I know it won't help. (Even if I _do_ do a mean "There's No Business Like Show Business".)

I hope this period goes really quickly for you, and you feel better soon.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

That imitation will have to hold off until I have some more psychedelics, ET, but it will continually be on my mind until then *wink*.

I do feel some better. Mostly the fuckuppage comes with my sleep schedule; I went to bed at 11:30 last night, was awake for three hours, and woke up at 7:30 am, still exhausted. It screws up my delta patterns, I guess, but I don't like to take the knockout drug too much because then I can't sleep without it. Just side effects; I'm sure I'll be better soon.

Plus, I've got a kitten! Which has nothing to do with anything, but at least the kitten makes the early hours more fun.

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kittens are NOTORIOUSLY bad on sleepage. they tend to attack toes and eat hair and poke you with their whiskers and try to jump on the bed and whine when they can't make it.....but, as you have noticed, they DO make early morning hours more fun.

good mushroomage, querida!!!

love and kisses,

tes

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

Ooo! Kitten! They're always a very good thing!(Despite the romping, and the leg climbing, and everything else that is just so damned cute) What does your new furball look like?

As I type this, Silent Bob is sitting on top of the monitor. She likes that when the weather's colder. She also has her tongue stuck out, which is causing me to giggle to no end.

No problem on the raincheck for the Ethel Merman impersonation- it is truly not to be missed. Hee!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Aww. Y'all make me feel so loved.

The kittenous one is...six months old? Seven months? I'm not sure exactly. She came to live with us last birthday; she is tiny, black with a white shirtfront, very loud and VERY bossy. She thinks the middle kitty (neutered male) is her mom, which is fairly amusing. And yes, she does like to crawl on my face, attack my feet, etcetera, but she also climbs the closet doors, which is so cute it has to be seen to be believed.
Much like SS's Ethel Merman :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home