Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Elbereth, Githoniel...

An apology to my non-Blogger friends: the blog allows anonymous comments now. My bad! (Shouts to Memphis Word Nerd and Special Sauce for propping me up and linking me in.)

Retreating into familiar things: Fellowship of the Ring (the BOOK, amazon.com. Not the movie, or the books about the making of the movie. The GODDAMN BOOK WITHOUT WHICH THERE WOULD BE NO FUCKING MOVIE.) South Park, the fourth season...the Helen Keller Thanksgiving episode is one of my favorite things in all the world. This is my usual modus operadi when I'm worried.

Backing up. Shut up, film geeks. I liked the LOTR movies. I did. Well, except I haven't seen the second half of ROTK because I haven't had time since New Year's Eve. So that shows you how important they are to me. It's a rare film that captures exactly the tone and feel of a book. Peter Jackson captured the fantasy-epic tone and feel, but the series is just too big for film. They did their best and it was good, but it'll never replace the books it represents. (The Fisherman says he wants another version, done in more the quasi-historical style that permeates The Silmarillion, which I would like to see as well.)

Anyhow, an update on the situation at hand.

Her mom e-mailed me back, and was very supportive. I still haven't heard from her, but that's nothing unusual. She has a doctor's appointment on the 20th and her mom is trying to get her referred to the excellent eating disorders clinic here, where she'll be in good hands, if she continues to insist that there's no problem with her attitude towards food. Something is being done. Now I just have to wait.

"Oh, what a gay time we shall have, and I do mean gay as in festive, not gay as in penetration of the bum!" South Park makes Dickens fun as nothing else can. Not at all, I'm sure.

Oh, the living room is full of crap, and I have not the strength of character to start on it at one A.M. But I have my new bank card and can pay the bills without leaving home tomorrow, so after I go see my old neighbor (since it's her birthday) I'll be able to get stuff started. Plus, the cats love it, since it makes the room one big feline-friendly obstacle course/napping frame.

Things I Need: a hammer, nails, cat litter, toilet paper, the tears of brokenhearted men to use in my Genesis Device.

3 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

Yikes! I hope "the situation at hand" gets better, for both of you. You did do the right thing. Doesn't make you feel any less sucky, I'm sure, but it definitely was the right thing.

Also, because I know you'll care like I did. New Tomato Nation! All Hail Sars!
(And thanks for the shout out!)

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

querida zennie: you most definitely did the right thing. it is difficult enough for me to see the distended bellies of babies and small children dying of hunger and malnutrition when i travel to asia and africa. it is just so -- unneccessary! -- here in the united states.

*heavy sigh*

i truly believe that you have been a friend. if, in this process, you lose your friend, at least it will not be because of her death, which you have helped to avoid.....

believe it or not, i actually HAVE a small silver stoppered ewer (about the size of a pendant) that was specifically designed to hold the tears of the broken hearted, the bereaved, the forlorn.....some of those tears i have collected from men, some from women, and some are, indeed, my own......would THEY help with your genesis machine? or are the instructions rigidly insistent on only MALE tears?????

hugs and kisses,
tes

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

How did I miss this post? You linked me and I didn't even thank you. Yikes!

If I haven't said it recently, your blog rocks. I only have about 4-5 blogs that I read with any semblance of regularity and yours is definitely one of them. Needless to say, Special Sauce is another. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home