Friday, April 01, 2005

Those Boys With Their Tattoos & Their Long Hair & Their Rock'n'Roll...

The Greek I spent forever transliterating, now on Bass Playing Junkie's chest! The fill work is a nice light blue that refused to show up. And the next night, that nipple got pierced. Oh, yeah. We've got him addicted now.

Posted by Hello

Another blurry pic...this is the Artist's fleur-de-lis, which I believe is the first piece Immortal Inc Dave put on the Artist.

Obligatory tattoist famewhoring: Dave says if any of you in and around Nashville want work done, he'll give 25% off for out of towners. He's north of Nashville about 20 minutes. This was the piece that made Dave our Tattoo Guy. And Dave is the shit; he's got a perfect health record, he plays good music, and I will read Tarot off his shop floor without a ground cloth. Plus, he has N64 while you're waiting. We heart Dave, even if he does look at every piece I bring to him and shake his head, saying "All those lines, girl...why do you bring me more complicated shit every time!"

Of course, II Dave also warned me that those long, straight, exterior lines on the Mandala were going to hurt like shit to hold still through, because they'd have to be done with no let-up and then filled. Yawn.

When the bruising and bleeding on his chest pieces go down, the shading will look more like the shading on this one. This piece is about 6-8 months old and has had plenty of time to heal, and hasn't needed touch-up.

Posted by Hello

The Artist's Mjollnir (Thor's Hammer). He got this at the same time as my Gate to All Worlds, about four months ago.

Posted by Hello

The Artist's nearly-finished new chest piece. Dave had me take a picture, let the swelling go down, and did another little bit of shading. The Horus on the right was done by a different tattoo artist; Dave did some cleanup on it, then matched the Eye and added the Bast. The scarab was done the day before. If I can get his permission, I'll post the shot with part of his face in it so you can see the placement. BTW, the redness in the scarab is blood, not ink; it will all be grayscale and graywash once it heals.

Posted by Hello

The pirate tattoo pics did not happen, because we couldn't get a good shot of them. Next time: Ganesh! & Arrrrgh!

5 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

So. Much. Tattoo-y goodness! I am so envious now that I very nearly want to go forth, and get something put on myself.

ET, they all look fantastic, I especially like the Artist's Egyptian goodness. Very, very cool all around.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

He's going to continue that piece with an ankh and cartouches, until it covers most of his chest, and is vaguely considering an abstract Ramses Death Mask behind it all to tie the piece together. He has committed to a no-color body, while I've got color back pieces (no pics; I was taking pics of dave's work only that night) and intend my back to be colored, while my arms and legs will be grayscale with colored accents.

TATTOOS! Woot!

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love nice tattoos on men. I had a client that had these little tattoos on his chest that almost sent me over the edge. I had to remind myself that licking him was NOT a massage technique.
kittenb
aka. Jennifer

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Wow... all those tattoos... Although they are not my type of thing, I'm always interested in how people choose the type of tattoo that they do... It always reveals something about them... kind of like an inside joke!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

We are so tattoo crazy around here that we sit around and talk about the pieces we'd get if we won the lottery. Most of ours are religious or symbolic, with the exception of Tim Burton's Oyster Boy on my ankle, and that I have just because he makes me smile.

Y'all ain't even seen the pirate tattoos....**evil grin**

 

Post a Comment

<< Home