Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hotter Than Hell's Kitchen

Yes, it is.
It's so hot it requires the prefix "balls" to describe it.

What am I doing during this weather? Am I lying naked and sipping frosty drinks under the fan? Oh, no. I'm helping renovate a house, because I need the money.

The Renovation Era List Of Things I Don't Like...

1. Heat. Because it sucks and I hate it.
2. Ticks. Seed ticks. We've had an average of 192 per person at the end of each workday.
3. The Boss. Normally I love the Boss, but when things don't go right, he gets cranky with everyone whether the real problem is our fault or not...understandable, since this is his project, but honestly...we don't have anything to do with a lot of the issues plaguing him. The worst me and the unskilled labor crew have done is break a saw (and for that we had a spare, and it can be fixed) and be somewhat remiss in putting things back exactly where he wants them. But, see #1 and #2. That's enough to make anyone bitchy.
4. Machines. Other than the broken saw, we have a tractor whose hydraulics decided to go out, putting us another day behind schedule. The post-hole digger should have been here this morning; not until tomorrow.
5. UPCs. Do you have any idea how friggin' long it takes to remove the yellow tags off several grand worth of wood when each and every 2x4 has a wee tag held in by two or three industrial staples? HAAATE. "But it's the UPC, every product has to have one..." Don't make me slap you.
6. My own clumsiness, as I smashed my finger with a sledgehammer the first day out and have had to reengineer my typing style drastically.

But it's money, and it's not so bad. In the meantime, will someone bring me a bottle of water? Or a gun?

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're right, it is money, and soon enough the job will be done. keep keeping up the effort!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

How about a water gun? Maybe a super soaker?

Guh... you have my sympathies- I've been there (Ok, without the ticks, but the house DID hate us) and I've hated it right along with you. But the great thing is? Soon- it will be over. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home