Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Source Believes In You

My life is immensely boring right now, which is why I've been a bit remiss. The Artist was here and is gone again. We should see him in December if all goes well.

I watched Big Fish with him while he was here and we enjoyed the hell out of it. For someone who believes in World-As-Myth, that movie is like a forgotten gospel. Plus, the Vietnamese twins are hott in some mildly disturbing way. Other than that, and the title of this post, there's nothing I want to share about our visit, because it was most distinctly water brother business. But take my word for it. You should definitely watch the movie. Even if you're not into twins.

Went out with the Shamanism BellyDancer last night and ripped on stuff. I may be tutoring her kids in maths this fall, which should be fun. Also, met Erik the Dane, who is supposed to go to temple and Kali class with me this weekend, and The New Dave, who discussed Heinlein with me all night.

But really, just been hanging out, reading books I've already read, playing fetch with the cat, getting by.

You know you're getting old when your big birthday present from your mom is your tags and registration. For the first time in 8 months, I'm driving totally legally...well, almost, as there's the little matter of insurance, which I can't even come close to affording. Yet another I'm-supposed-to-be-a-grown-up freakout.

Also, there was a minor flap with a troll on one of my pagan listservs, and Lughnassad happened. And...yeah. No life. Right over here, the no life goes to table 3.

I did apply for a job at the City Paper, so any spare vibes would be welcome.

Later I'll talk about the end of my celibacy...while I haven't done anything about it in the past 2 days, I'm free of the geas, and that's something. But for now I need to go lie in bed until I fall asleep; Conservative Wiccan played a great tonal CD for us tonight that got me relaxed enough that I may accomplish that little feat without drugs. Woot!

9 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoooo! Yes! I wrote my final paper for The Grail in Film and Lit on Grail themes in Big Fish. The friends with whom I went to see it coudln't understand why I was ecstatic afterwards. They thought it was cheesy and over-the-top. That's when I realized just how much of a mythology/allusion whore I am.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Oh my GOSH, I LOVED "Big Fish" so much... It's one of my favorite movies ever, I'm not kidding.

By the way, what's Lughnassad?

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Hey, what happened to your other blog?

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Two answers for Irina:

Lughnassad, also called Lammas, is Aug. 1 and celebrates the fire god Lugh. It's the first harvest festival if I remember correctly, but CDHSarah is the resident Wiccan and can correct me if I'm wrong.

My other blog has just been remiss because I haven't felt like writing reviews. Last week wasn't much conducive to creativity. I'm feeling the effects of Mercury in retrograde. But all should be well and then I'll write a whole slew.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

I thought Mabon was our reminder that Samhain was coming.

New review up, Irina.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger thewinekone said...

And I thought I'd be the one to end your celibacy...

I guess I'll go with sloppy seconds... GoddessAradia?

(One day, I will be e-slapped in the face.)

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

I actually AM the only one on the planet that hasn't seen Big Fish, aren't I. Damnit.

Well, I'll rectify it soon, because I always thought that movie looked fantastic. Thanks for remindin' me again.

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Don't feel bad, Number One Birthday Sauce...I bought that movie probably a month and a half before I ever watched it, despite the fact that every time I had seen it available for sale or rent I had wanted to see it. But do check it out, it's good.

Tony, you're not necessarily out of the running yet. ;)

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger thewinekone said...

[high fives himself and acts all pathetic]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home