Monday, February 20, 2006

Oi!

Dammit, life got on top of me. Again.

I try really hard not to go more than a week without updating, and I went fifteen days this time. Loyal Readership, mea maxima culpa.

The new job goes well. The nanny job goes not at all. Because I quit it. Y'all would have had a post a week and a bit ago about that, but since I received Dao, every time I get on here in high dudgeon, ready to completely rant out whatever hair is up my ass at the time, I get the rant ready to go, and the computer eats it. Now that I have eight days' closure on it, the rant was somewhat unnecessary, being the same rant that I had laid on Design School Homie and my Hindu teacher (the latter being the one who helped me quit, i.e. sat me down and forced me to admit that the situation had become more verbally and emotionally abusive than I could reasonably be expected to handle, and that, contrary to my perception, I was not "saving" the children from their Crazy Mommy, but teaching them that it is OK to treat people the way that she treated me while simultaneously reinforcing that one should take that kind of treatment lying down.) I miss my Little Buddy already, but I've brought him into meditation a time or two and he seems to be sad, but OK.

Being a bill collector is also OK. I'm not necessarily as into it as some of the collectors are; a lot of them seem to stay in the feral, balls-to-the-wall headspace even when they're not in the dialer, and that's not where I live. But it's a good place for now and it will open up some things, work-wise, that I might like better, such as medical billing.

Had word from the illustrious Dr. Spears for the first time in over a year this weekend, which filled my heart with savage joy; I may go and see him and Don Shiftador sometime within the next two weeks. I have missed Il Dottore more than I realized; when he left town without warning, I shut down the part of my heart where he lived because I gave him up for lost. All the Doctors and their affiliates tend to pop in and out of one another's lives exactly when needed, and I think I needed the Spears.

But nothing much is really going on...making tentative plans to go back to school, spending a lot of time dreading court and getting ready for PUF...I'm on staff this year, which is pretty exciting, to me at least. I have been working either for the collection agency or for myself pretty much all the time, averaging out ten hours a day, and I have a tendency to come home and stare blankly into space instead of doing important stuff, like letting you folks know what's going on.

If LadyA remembers to poke me about it, I will get my partial astrology chart up on our proto-Wide World of Divination site soonish. I thought for years that I couldn't have a chart done at all, because I don't have my exact time of birth. Turns out that, for my birthdate at least, the only thing that excludes is my ascendant sign; the rest of my planets were fairly firmly in their respective signs that day, so I have the best chart I can have for the time being. Interesting stuff, thanks in no small part to GoddessA and her Hubbie's help in interpreting the raw data.

Be well. I'll try to be less sporadic.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

I love how your scheduling is my problem, and how I'm supposed to be able to use my Spidey Sense to tell that you are parking (the car, not "making out on a backroad".) I also love you, and will see you soon.

LadyA, keep poking...I have too much work to do tonight. Hit me at the weekend.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Yet when I don't check my voice mail for a few days, I get a rant the next time I see you.
I just can't win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home