Thursday, April 14, 2005

Only Stinky Women Bleed

I'm too sensitive when I am menstruating.
A seven year old told me I was "stinky" outside the store today. I was recently bathed and deodorized, so I'm pretty sure he was just using the fact that there was no parent in sight of him and his 2 sisters to make a grown-up unhappy.
Nonetheless, he hurt my feelings. (sniff)

The ParcePad is much, much cleaner than it has been in months. I've washed my spring clothes -- shorts and short skirts huzzah! -- although it'll probably be a little while before it's consistently warm enough to risk them...I wore shorts yesterday, and once I got to meeting and left to go home, I was FREEZING.

Speaking of Meeting, all goes well with it, and next weekend we will all be at PUF together and all wi'be well. I'm really glad my period decided to get itself completely over and done with before that time, too, as even a little hippie like myself would rather not have her period in the woods. We named our group last night, finished up with the rules, and made plans for PUF and Beltane. (I found us a piece of woods property to use for Beltane, so I am the shit, as it's really no fun to have that holiday in an urban environment where you can't get naked and crazy, and where your fire has to have a permit.)

In keeping with the synchronicity between myself and my ET, I may soon be getting a different job, and turning the hold music into a very part time sideline.

Back in my younger days, before I was legal to drink, I used to work as a Deputy Clerk in the Circuit Court. I went back to college and stopped working that job, but the Court Clerk herself loved me, didn't want me to go, and has given me awesome references for a pack of years since then.

Now, ParceDaddy and the CC are colleagues, and I happen to know that a position very similar to the one I vacated is coming open at the beginning of the new budget year, sometime in the summer. (County government does it that way because of election season.) And she's indicated in every way possibly ethical that I should come talk to her about taking the job as soon as the new budget is approved.

Regular work hours! Salary! A job that matters! Hour lunches! WOOOOO!
I am so excited at the thought of getting to go back to work there. There were more reasons than college why I left, but none of them had to do with the work environment, and I'm old enough now that that one asshole from Legal Aid probably won't try to treat me like a 16-year-old any more. (I was not sixteen, obviously.)

And I will keep the Hold Music, from home, on weekends and evenings, for extra cash so I can get out of debt.

This is going to be a really good thing, if it happens. Last time, she didn't even make me pee in a cup, since she's known me since I was born.....

Anyway. Hope you are all well. I am going to read the fifth Harry Potter until I find out if CDHSarah and I are going to dinner or not. I was going to watch Kill Bill, but the DVD player currently has audio and no video, and I can't figure it out without the Artist, because I am an electronic 'tard (and probably a bad feminist because of it.)

***eta

I went back to the gas station and the little bastard did it again. Why is that kid running around this neighborhood after dark by himself? The fuck?

Jeru tha Damaja is preaching on the WinAmp

Knowlege, wisdom, understanding like King Solomon's wealth,
You a playa, but only because you be playin yourself...
Actual fact like tight jeans cause yeast infections
And sistas with good minds get no respect when
Their ass is all hangin out playin the bar section
Of the club -- shake what your mama gave ya
Back to the lab. I drop the truth, cause rhyming is more than just my craft
Or a way to get ass or fast cash or blasted--
Black women, make sure you're respected...


I hearts me my Jeru.

2 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

Rock ON, ET! New jobs are AWESOME. I will keep my fingers crossed, just to be on the safe side, but I'm betting July 1 can't come soon enough.

Also- does the secret squirrel address work? I sent your gmail to that- if not, will try again. :)

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Secret Squirrel just fine...got the invite, but haven't set anything up, because I spent all of yesterday talking to CDHSarah online.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home