Monday, June 27, 2005

Ya Devi Sarva Bhuteshu Blogrupena Samsthita

All quiet on the Middle TN front.

The Artist left out early, as it happened. I didn't see him again before he went. He called and reported in from his Youper location today to tell me that the town his grandmother lives in is a Youper Mayberry and that he is living in The Andy Griffith Show. He may be headed for Virginia next.

I may be headed for the Rainbow Gathering in West Virginia for two or three days, depending on the health of the Eldest Kitty and the finances. Until that coalesces, I don't want to jinx it, so will say no more here.

Everything here really is quiet. The storm stopped a little while ago and outside smells like rain. Inside the cats are all curled into little balls in their faorite spots -- the EK in her box by the front door, the MK on top of the monitor...and I thought the kitten was behind him, but she's in her second-favorite location, The One Where Mom Doesn't Know Where I Am Or What I'm Doing, which is Most Likely Pretending that I Am A Panther.

The house isn't freakishly clean anymore, which is something odd -- how quickly entropy works. I worship entropy to some degree, and yet it amazes me every time, how things go from perfectly arranged to not, seemingly effortlessly. I'll work on the place tomorrow.

Spent a quiet night with DSH and the other high school posse, played Scrabble, worried about our AnorecticAssociate, who despite gaining some weight, still talks about food in terms usually reserved for discussions of ethics and morals. Later that night, I played Scrabble online with the Phunky Chemist Bitch, my heterosexual life partner down in VA. (She's heterosexual; I'm an allegedbian. It works out.) She's dreaded her hair and now we're more like sisters than ever. I miss her so much, and she's trying to blandish me into going to AllGood with her, but again -- it all depends on the health of the sick kittybutt.

All seemed relatively quiet on the blogosphere today, too, so I sat for a long time, rereading my favorites in the archives of Tomato Nation, and downloading random songs in Hebrew and Sanskrit, looking for meditation music.

It's the kind of day where it'd be really easy to be depressed, but I'm not. Just a little tired, a little lazy, a little not-ready to start what has to be started this evening...namely, the fifteen-syllable Kali mantra for ego destruction, which has to start tonight if things are to be finished in time for my birthday and the karmatic-rebirth stuff I've been leading up to all year.

I have reason to fear the mantra, because it makes things not (ego-things, not people and cars and buildings), and making not is a scary process.

But for now, I'm just reading The Corrections (here's what ET had to say about the book), being in stillness, and watching the cat breathe.

I've had worse Mondays.

2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

What is this birthday of which you speak? Whatwhatwhat? [/bad South Park imitation] Perhaps a better question is "whenwhenwhen?"

Between the rain and the kitty time, it sounds like a pretty mellow couple of days. I heard it stormed there today; my boss was cracking me up because she wanted to go play in the rain.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Stormed like a mug...that weird rain where you get soaked getting into your car, drive with no visibility, and emerge into clear weather a block from your destination. It's still intermittently raining, but I'm in for the night.

My birthday is the middle of august, so to finish the 40-day discipline on the mantra, I will have to start now. (The 16th, if you're curious.)

Must. Stop Playing. Online. Scrabble. Gah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home