Saturday, June 18, 2005

Spirit In The Sky

I'm waiting for fullness.

What else is going on? I have had Spirit in the Sky stuck in my head for the last 48 hours.

Eldest Kitty is having butt problems, so the kitties go to the vet tomorrow. She's not seriously ill, but good thoughts for her butt would be appreciated. Like many of the elderly, EK is very, very quiet until she gets a little sick, when she proceeds to be very vocal about her desire to feel better RIGHT NOW DAMMIT. And the ParceMom (who is the very best ParceMom that she can be) gave each of the kitties a vet trip to be redeemed as needed for Decemberween, so I don't have to worry about paying THAT bill. Om Sri Ganesha Namah, and praise be to Jesus and St. Francis.

Speaking of St. Francis, he's missing. Sometime during the last week, I lost track of my saints' medals necklace. I normally don't remove my main jewelry, but the chain is so heavy that it makes it uncomfortable for sleep.

Since I moved all the furniture in the bedroom less than two weeks ago, I am steadily becoming less concerned (gloat all you want, CDHSarah, but my path does center around totemic objects to a degree, so I don't think my minor freakout upon realizing that I didn't know when I'd last seen them was unwarranted). The other likely possibility is that it's somewhere in the deritrus of my car, since I had a Major Purse Spill last week too. The pendulum insists the saints are safe, and thinks they're in the apartment more than the car. And the pendulum, she is good about finding the missing totemic objects.

Assurances aside -- those of you who are so inclined, some Michael, Row Your Boat Ashore (Back To Parce Remix, Mary Come Home, How You Gon' Lose (The Patron Saint of Shit You Lost (the new 50 Cent track, yo), or just plain When The Saints Go Marching In vibes, as well as some Fix EldK's Stanky Butt vibes for good measure, delivered to the version of the titular reference of your choice, would be appreciated.

But it's not all bad down here, y'all. I've started the Great Book Migration of 2005, which is awesome and may yet result in shelves where every book is actually visible, a luxury I don't think I've enjoyed since about the age of twelve, when I started to get an allowance and the book collection mushroomed.

I really shold count my volumes, but that's nearly impossible, considering that I think almost every one of my friends is borrowing a book of mine at the moment. Don Shiftador has The Virgin Suicides on indefinite loan. I know AnDar has something, LadyA walked out of my place tonight with The Princess Bride, CDHSarah has some damn thing or another, SFGod has The Jewish Book of Why, BassPlayingJunkie has a Hightower book I inherited from my ET, and I ain't even knowin what of mine the Artist has, but I think I have his Number of the Beast and probably some other things. Those are just the ones I can remember.

Well, I think it's time for me to head for bed...I have kitties to wrangle into the one Cat Carrier (they have less than five miles to go, don't fret) at 8 am.

4 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

Speaking of The Princess Bride, I was in a wedding 2 weeks ago and the bride kept joking about that movie. As a result, the woman who did the reading in the ceremony used the accent that the minister did in the movie ("Mawwage" = marriage). We all roared with laughter when she talked about "twue wuv". Hee!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

I wasn't trying to get my books back, CDHSarah, I was just listing the books I've lent that I remember, showing how ridiculous it would be to try and count my books, since a lot of them are always in circulation.

MWN, that's hilarious.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Happy cat butt wibes... I mean vibes!

I keep dreaming about making a Cat - a - logue of the books I own, but I doubt that will ever happen.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

How goes the feline diet? Are the furry ones speaking to you yet?

And MWN- Mawwage! Gah! No matter how many times I see that movie, I still laugh like a maroon during that part. Can't help it. Hee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home