Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Real Update

OK. A real update.

I've been having a rough time, not an unduly rough one, but one that made me disappear from all things Internet. When the money's tight, the Internet has to be first to go, and go it went.

I have a new gig, doing child care for The Second Most Insane Bosslady In the World. More about her later. The kids are three and nine months, and it could be a lot worse. It's money, but it's also eating my life, so I'm beginning the Hunt for a New And Better Job. Also, I have a new tutoring student for ACT prep, so that will help when it starts next week.

The reason my beloved GoddessA was asking for good vibes for me was that I joined the ranks of those who have run afoul of the police and got arrested. All in all it was pretty painless; I didn't even go through booking, much less to jail, and my lawyer is fairly optimistic that we can get me off with little to nothing because of irregularities in the probable cause. (For those who are curious: one count of simple possession schedule vi, one count of possession of drug paraphenalia, 1 1/2 hours in handcuffs on the hood of the squad car, 1 anxiety attack, no other damage.)

So there was that, and it made me even less able to go on the hunt for a computer to tell y'all about it. I've done devotions almost every day since and things are looking up.

Nothing all that much else to report, really...just a lot of work, a lot of Cafe 02, a lot of hanging out. Oh, and the Mountain.

I've discovered one of Tennessee's intentional communities, Short Mountain Sanctuary, in recent weeks. The Radical Faeries threw the kickass Lammas party earlier this year, and SMS is a Faerie sanctuary. I got to hang out with New Orleans Faeries displaced by Katrina (and learned from one of them the mad skillz of the washtub bassist), with gay men and drag queens galore, and with fabulous people like Silverfang, whose business card advertises FREE INSTANT CRACKPOT THEORIES...she's a Discordian who runs Chaos House in California, has green dreadlocks three times the length of mine, and I want to be her when I grow up. I have found the people like me, and they live up the mountain a ways and down in the holler. Since it was the Gathering, I've been up there three times in three weeks, and had an excellent time each time and wish I could just buy a parcel of land and some goats and join 'em and forget about nanny jobs and arrests and lack of cable Internet, and just worry about whether the solar power is going to hold out and if the spring is going to run dry......

But I can't, so it's more Lakshmi devotions and Ganesh mantras to make the life I have better. I'll keep you posted as I can and catch up with your blogs as soon as I have a spare second. Promise. And if I hit that massive Powerball tonight, that might be sooner than I think.

***

Just checked. Damn Oregonians spoiling my sweet, sweet daydream. Ah well...maybe I hit for something. Even five bucks wouldn't be sniffed at.

3 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Great to have you back! I'm glad everything's fin! : )

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew.
Yay for jobs and updates and intentional communities.
Good thoughts and prayers for legal and financial situations.
So very good to hear from you.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

That would be great, because if I didn't see that your car was gone when you were at work and home when I came back at night, I'd think your ass was DEAD.

Call me. All y'all call me, since I can't really call you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home