Friday, August 25, 2006

Curiouser and Curiouser

All day long, since I got out of bed, I have been singing a song by the band Rehab, which I adore on general principle. Specifically, I've been singing the chorus to "Sittin' At A Bar"...

She broke my heart
In the trailer park
So I jacked the keys to her fuckin car
And wrecked that piece of shit, and then walked away...

This, just for the record, is not an ideal tune to be singing idly when one works in a law office.

No one broke my heart in the trailer park or elsewhere recently, and no one stole my car, but it is being a big POS. For the third time recently, the tranny is about to go out. Luckily, said tranny is covered under warranty. Unluckily, my car likes to priss along fine during the week and promptly shit the bed as soon as a weekend is imminent, which sucks, because it is twice as hard to find rides on the weekend as it is during the week.

Because I am supremely blessed with extremely good friends, however, I have pretty much got the weekend knocked out in terms of getting where I need to be when. Action Mike is taking me out to Rickman Castle tonight (a long-ass journey and I owe him big time). My mom is picking me up and taking me shopping so I have law-office appropriate gear to wear to work. And the McGee and the crowd from Hummblebee are collectively taking me to Last Saturday Party.

And Monday I am going back to school. To be a paralegal, because, yeah. Hooray. Maybe I'll end up an attorney.

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Good luck! If you like law, you'll enjoy it (though it IS a ton of work!) : )

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

I love law, 'Rina. I don't like a lot of the attendant bullshit and fakery, but I love law. I am probably the only geek that takes the Tennessee Law Review with me for light reading on smoke breaks.

Intro to Law, Intro to Paralegal, and Wills/Estates/Trusts this semester, woot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home