Thursday, March 10, 2005

Hallelujah Chorus: What You Wanted To Hear

As of 10 minutes ago, I was looking at the pitiful little bowl of food that has sat untouched by anyone but birds for 2 days, and praying to St. Jude, the patron saint of "things almost despaired of".

As of 9 minutes ago I heard a plaintive "Meow?".

L'mn'j'lo is home. L'mn'j'lo is safe. L'mn'j'lo is stuffing his face.

He still had to give chase, though, because he's like that; he made me run up 2 flights of stairs before he would allow himself to be picked up and his fur to be cried upon and kissed. Now he's running around, cleaning the kitten, drinking water, and reasserting his status as Emperor of All Floors. (I wish I had a digicam to show you how cute he and the kitten are, but trust me that it is cuter than just about anything in the history of ever.)

Let us give thanks.

To all the BUSTies, Special Sauce, MWN, Stevie, GoG, CDHSarah (even though she totally gloated over her correctness and my lack of faith) and the rest of the Paganesque Crewe for their spells for his safe return, my pendulum for being so right, Design School Homie for flyering assistance, my apartment manager, PRB's PRM & PRS, Carl Washington and Nashville Pet Finder, as well as the Nashville Humane Society, the folks at AISH who placed a prayer in Jerusalem's Wailing Wall for me, Sts. Anthony, Francis, and Jude, the Green Man, Hashem, Isis, Legba, and every deity, person and kittycat who crossed fingers and toes that he would be back soon and safe, THANK YOU. A billion times thank you.

Everyone has been showered with blessings in the brief time he was away; I, along with the Chieftess, helped CDHSarah get a job that pays more than 3 times what she was making as a Waffle Waitress, which means she'll have insurance for the first time in 3 years or more, and won't lose her house. I didn't get fired for missing work. I spent more time with my Elder Kitty, who is not usually all about hanging out with me but took pity on me in my grief, and got my Kitten to give me the time of day. I got a universal remote. I helped the Chieftess redecorate the dining room in the house she shares with the Champion. I found a second job that will supplement my income enough to probably let me get a handle on my credit card debt before the year is out. I reconnected with God in a way I haven't in a long time, and while it makes me feel kind of bad that it took a near-tragedy to kick-start me out of my spiritual ennui, it's nothing new to God, I'm sure.

Again, thank you all. There are other people to be notified, so I will cut this short by saying that SOMEONE whose name starts with Lemon and ends with Jello is getting his little ass chipped without delay (or, at least, as soon as I get the van fixed, which is also going to be done without delay.)

I am going to bed happy for the first time in six days, as soon as I let everyone else know that the prodigal is laid out on the back of the chair like he never left.

I told y'all you'd be the first to know.

3 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

First to comment! Go me!
Glad to hear about your puttycat, you know they're the only things that make me almost human (on rare occasions, and then only in flashes... but still... almost human...)

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

That is some of the best news that I've gotten in a long, long time. I'm so glad that Naughty!Kitty brought his prodigal self home to his worried mama. I've been home with the flu(?) so this is the first time I've checked your blog since early yesterday (yes, I've been making multiple visits per day to check on MK). What wonderful news to return to!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

Oh GOOD! I'm so glad MK is finally home, safely!

Congratulations to CDHSarah too, on the new job!

There is much rejoicing in the ET house tonight, hooray!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home