Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The Buddha Tells Us That Life Is Suffering

The Buddha doesn't fuck around.

Where Have All The Flowers Gone is playing, the sun is almost set, I'm in my apartment, which is lit solely by the screen of my computer.

I'm lonely, and I'm tired, and I hate spring.

But that's not what I came to talk about, so much -- I come to talk about the draft.

Not really. I came to note for my mostly concerned membership that there is very little chance of y'all seeing hide or hair of me over the next several days, which include in their delights 6 hours of OT, two doctor's appointments including the dreaded GYN, an a phaeresis appointment (Donate blood, bitches -- fifteen minutes with one needle is NOTHING compared to an hour to hour and a half with both arms needled up and your blood in a centrifuge behind your head, so I don't want to hear your excuses. Go donate blood right now), a Radiant Star meeting, a "go hang out with Patrick and learn how to make an Ellegua" session, nicely capped by Friday (13 hour shift), Saturday (11 hour shift) and Sunday (6 hour shift), going straight back into the work week.

I'm not going to have time to wipe my own ass, and I just now realized I had done that to myself, and am seriously wishing I had just taken Wednesday off like I usually do every other week.

I'll try to update as it's possible -- write the html and email it home -- but I really have no idea how the next seven days are going to go in terms of my personal time, which I have a feeling are going to consist of "throwing together edibles", "bathing the night before" and "passing out with a book in my hand". Especially since I have fifty-two working hours in six working days, and my "day off" is going to consist of specula, needles, and other unpleasantries. I don't know if I'm going to want to look at my computer. But after the rant I didn't want anyone to think I had gone totally AWOL or taken a trip to the Psychiatric Hilton if I pulled a me and didn't post until next Wednesday.

In the meantime, whatever that meantime may turn out to be, go read CDHSarah's blog, which might include a me-sighting every now and again, and be good to yourselves.

3 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

Yikes!

Be strong, Elvis Twin. Be strong.

Your schedule is brutal, but you'll whup it like some fresh cream (and make a tasty dessert out of it).

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second Special Sauce. Whew.

But, with five-part harmony and feelin', you will certainly come through!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Your schedule sounds crazy... but you'll make it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home