Sunday, May 15, 2005

I Hate Comcast Two: Electric Boogaloo -- In Other News, Full of the Light of God

I have been on extended absence, and I hate Comcast. Right now I love pretty much everyone, but Comcast is the exception.

After four calls to 3 separate tech support lines, I now have internet connectivity. I still don't have broadband phone access, but since it's due to a defective box, I'm being shipped a new one for free.

It's been a bad week for your old friend parcequilfaut. The phrase I use as my moniker roughly translates from the French as "because it is necessary that", which my brother and I use idiomatically as a "Because I must/you must" -- if I'm trying to get him to do something and he's dillying about deciding, for instance, I'll look at him and go, "Mais, il faut" or something of the sort. This week, the completion of the phrase has been "suffer".

The Buddha teaches us that life is suffering and that we can escape it by cultivating mindfulness and joyful detachment. I haven't been feeling very joyful or detached. Mostly, until today, I've felt like shit and acted like a pissy bitch, mostly due to the need for the nearly-inevitable early spring medication change. Unfortunately, for the first couple days I thought it was just a particularly shitty case of the menstruals and didn't recognize the early warning signs, so after a particularly hellish Thursday, which included the forementioned calls to various tech support guys as well as a drastic uptick in the price of aforesaid medication, I basically had a mini-nervous breakdown, in which I think I damned several major pharmaceutical companies and at least one insurance company to the eternal fires of Hell, and in which I blasphemed God to my mother, which I feel bad about as blasphemy isn't really my nature, and especially where my mom is concerned. When I yell until I'm physically exhausted, it's sufficiently uncharacteristic to drain me for the next day or two.

May I just plug my mom? When she found out I had spent my grocery cash on medication, she totally took me to Kroger and bought me all kinds of comfort food, including Double Chocolate Milanos, which I never buy as they cost the earth. I love my mom. And I'm sorry I blasphemed God, but I think I made up for that today, or at least I had been punished enough for it. (Basically, I went off on a rant about how God made misery on purpose because he's a bastard, which is not really part of my belief system, but I was pissed off and on a roll.)

The next two days were horrible, physiologically. Shaking, messed-up depth perception and color sense, total inability to get warm and stay that way -- I was up until 3 am Friday night because I couldn't stand the sensation of fabric on my skin and was too cold to be without a blanket. It's been bad, but not nearly as bad as I have felt. My card for this month was the inverse Fool, which means being able to avoid the obvious pitfall with a near miss -- another week without an adjustment and it would have been the hospital, so I'm grateful. All hail the Fool.

Everything hinged on today. Not to pull the cheap cliffhanger crap, but it's late and I have to work in the morning, so, knowing I've had the week from hell, watch eagerly tomorrow as I tell you how I had the best Sunday since I got baptized, spiritually speaking. I'm fine now, absolutely, so don't worry. I wouldn't even do this, but I have to bathe and hit the sack.

4 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

ET-

you ARE the queen of understatement in your emails. Ai-yi-yi. I'm glad you caught yourself before things got to the hospitalization stage. And your mom, she rocks, bigtime. And I have the feeling God will cut you some slack. You said you were sorry, and God's all about the forgiveness and turning the other cheek.

Besides, Sunday makes up for a lot. Which is AWESOME.
I am really, really glad you're in a better spot now, ET.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

I hope you feel better soon. I am sending lots of warm thoughts in your direction. Fortunately, they don't have far to travel. :-)

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

I'm sorry you were going through all that. I'm glad you're feeling better!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Thanks, guys. I really do feel better, except for the catnipped-out cat trying to kick the living shit out of my feet. I have my adjustment, all is well, the holy woman took the bad symptoms away...now I just need to go to bed early for once in my life.

But thanks for the positive vibeage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home