Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Who Loves You? ERIS LOVES YOU! (Fnord)

All sorts of goodness surround me, even when the world is annoying me half to death.

I worked today and then, due to having accidentally sent my OT request to the wrong person, had a three-hour break between times. So, of course, I went to Tish's.

I got fed while I was there because she had had such a busy day she hadn't had time to get food. When I inquired what had kept her chained to the computer all day so much that she hadn't had time to walk across the street, she reminded me that she is leaving tomorrow for her buying trip to New Orleans, which in turn reminded ME that she probably hadn't noted that I had asked her to pick me up an Ellegua down there. It's in her phone now. Hail Discordia. Good sense would have told me to hang out closer to work, not to waste the gas (which I found 3 cents cheaper than I've seen in 2 weeks by taking the route I only take from work to Tishs'), to be sensible. But now I have a better chance of getting what I need, so thanks, Eris.

I thought seriously about taking advantage of her Dumpster and cleaning out my car while I was there. But it was a good thing I didn't, because when I returned to work I found out Scheduling had a.) misread my request for sick time for two weeks ago to encompass days when I was neither sick nor absent, and b.) lost the doctor's note for the days in question. Luckily, said piece of paper was smiling up at me from the passenger seat of the filthy van, and I was able to lay hands on it and put paid to that nonsense within 15 minutes. Down with order. Order would have left me high and dry...that's not my regular doctor and I doubt a copy of the excuse is in my chart there, even though my regular doctor and I keep every piece of paper we ever send my work for just this reason. That done, though I do need to clean out my car...filth and Discordia are not necessarily the same thing.

Now the only chaotic source of distress is the continuing difficulty I'm having in getting in touch with CDHSarah. But I'm sure that will resolve itself as well. Oh, and the network at the house, which will not resolve itself without help. (Help would be welcome, if anyone's listening, hint hint.) If I can't find a phone tonight, I'll ask the G-man (Ganesh, not G. Gordon) to take care of that as well as Saucey's job and the Artist's new job. And every other obstacle.

Also, I just realized, working the OT I was complaining about also probably kept me from binning that note, because if I hadn't done it tonight, I would almost surely have done it over the next 2 work-free days.

Which reminds me...y'all may not see me until Friday, unless the network gets fixed. So don't freak out. I'm going to try to get a library card on Thursday, it's on the list, but given what happened at the library last time, which is a story for another day, I'm not entirely confident. In the hopes of inspiring good mojo, and for the Alanis-irony of it all, I'll save that story for when I'm using their computers (that my taxes pay for, but I am not currently permitted to access. Chuh.)

I love y'all. Give me some love back, and send wellness vibes to the CDH, who is full of Vick's goodness right now.

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

What's an Ellegua?

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Ellegua, aka Legba, is one of the orisha in certain Afro-Cuban traditions.

Unlike other, "Western" deities (and Eastern to some degree) you can't usually just go to your local occult shop and purchase statuary of the orisha, because the places that sell or make them are usually also houses, sects of the religion, and thus more undercover. But the places in New Orleans are more open about it because people come there looking for "voodoo", and Tish knows folks who know folks who can get me a properly made Ellegua to place on my altar. I've been burning the Ellegua candle in the mini-altar I made for him, but I'd really like a representative piece, and that (or waiting for my brother to take me to Atlanta) was going to be about the only way for me to get one.

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is Discordia that is so often mentioned? Forgive me if you already have a full-blown explanation and I missed it.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

For more information on Discordianism, Anon (Parce is at her super secret squirrel location, checking up and checking in), look at the other posts on Discordianism, or go to the source...Fnord.org has lots of information, plus the entire Principia Discordia scanned for free perusal.

goddessaradia/CDHSarah on Discordianism -- it's Eris, not Eros, silly girl -- she knows a heckuva lot about Wicca though, does our CDHSarah.

I talk a lot about discordianism on the blog...any post with Fnord or Discordia in the title.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home