Monday, July 25, 2005

The Best Place to Begin Is At the Beginning

Having now had time to pause and reflect, I have determined not to talk about my brief sojourn out of state except in the briefest terms: I went to a WV music festival with a friend from Virginia and her boyfriend and played with the hippies and thought Deep Thoughts. I had a Sars-knockoff post all ready where I told most of I-40, Michael Savage, and my bank to shut up, but it wasn't as funny as that which it imitated, so to hell with it. It was an OK weekend, not great, not horrible, and I ended up coming home earlier than planned.

I've been busy since I got back, though. And all in all, the past week has sucked ass. We lost Alice, I didn't get to do one of the major cleaning jobs I had to do, I got lost in Bordeaux and ended up somehow hitting all 4 points of Nashville before getting to my neighborhood, I had one of the 6-hours-of-sleep-in-72 bouts of insomnia, so badly that I was almost to the point of sleep-dep hallucination, someone stole the goddess that I had sold to the folks at Cafe O2 right off the altar, and to add just the proper elan to the entire thing, it has been about a million degrees plus the heat index ALL WEEK. Thank Deity for the sarong and the ubiquitousness of air conditioning in my city. (No help Saturday, when we went and cleaned an outdoor property and thought we'd all die of heatstroke despite drinking copious amounts of water. I actually skipped Sunday drum circle when I found out the heat index was at 115 degrees.)

But good things have happened this week too: we got a theme, SFGod turned 24, we got Sarah an awesome venue for her birthday bash, I met some awesome puppies, Sri Leela gave me initiation to a breath mantra, and I read the new Harry Potter. (And I don't want to talk about that at all, because I think I am still in shock, a little.)

Also, I've been reading the Principia all week, in possible preparation for Episkoposery, and have come to a few interesting conclusions, foremost among them that I want to be an Episkopos of some sort, possibly taking the newer ideas in q-phy that hold up the Discordian premises (the Principia talks about Heisenberg a bit) and using those to form the basis for my own Cabal. But for now, I'm just living Discordia, doing stuff like going to the gas station with a stuffed flower in my hair and a bindi mark on my forehead after Kali class, which doesn't confuse MulletMan (the gas station guy) at all but seems to make the other patrons develop a headache.

Sauce is in the land of the rednecks now (it's been the Time of Vacations for the Loyal Readership lately), and tomorrow is CDHSarah's 21st birthday, so go tell her happy birthday. Not because I like her or anything... ;)

I'm behind on just about everything at the moment, including reviews, and this week is full to the gills, but I should be around at least enough to keep up with everyone, if not to follow my usual prolific schedule. However, there is a new review up of Red Lobster, White Trash, & the Blue Lagoon : Joe Queenan's America for your delectation until I get more caught up.

2 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew. this week HAS sucked ass for the Nashville crew...do you think it's the moon?? It's been an interesting week for the Boro-based crowd as well...

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

It might well be the moon. It was fulling last week.

What's been up in the 'Boro? Do tell. Or wait 'til the party and tell there. Also, review of Jesus and the Essenes is up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home