Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Checking Out

Hi y'all! Sorry I haven't posted in a day or two, but doing the marvelous photoessays for a certain someone ought to count. *grin*

And now when I do check in, it's to tell y'all I'm checking out...headed off to my Super Secret Out Of State Squirrel Location for a few days. The certain someone referenced above will be pleased to note that I heeded her wise counsel and stayed an extra night in town instead of making the banzai, middle-of-the-night, I'm-only-awake-because-my-eyes-are-too-tired-to-blink, run (for you puzzlers out there, I'm going about 6 hours from home in a direction unspecified), because she was right; when she last saw me I was too worn down to make it. I realized that when I got ready to carry something else up to the van and simply couldn't make myself get up the steps. (Gloating in my comments by aforesaid comrades will result in deletion, bannination, and no more Alice, ever.)

I just have to pack up my wraps and my sneakers and I'm ready to go...the cats have a sitter, everything is pretty much set up and ready to go. The cats smell that something's up, but they'll deal with it.

Except for the fact that this will be my longest solo road trip of record, I think I'm finally actually happy to go. I always have a good time in my SSOoSSL, but leaving for anywhere, even PUF (perhaps an hour from home) usually involves forgetting many useful things and remembering ones with no practical application. If I need a yoga mat or a Stephen King novel or a clean t-shirt while I'm out of town, I'm OK. Anything else is negligible to iffy. Except spare headlight bulbs and fuses. Those I have. Also an eyeglass screwdriver. Map? Not so much.

Anyhow. I absolutely have to go to bed if I'm going to get up and on the road at the time the Ambitious Me (and the Very Ambitious Out of State Secret Squirrel) has decided will be best. I'm not sure of the connectivity there, but if I can give you a SSU while I'm there, I will. If not, see y'all by this time next week at the absolute latest.

4 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun!!!! I'll be heading out that (unspecified) way too this weekend. But I will be enjoying Simply The Best Pig In The World. Ha! *smiles*
Hope you have a lovely time.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

*tiptoes in quietly*

*looks around to see who's here*

whispers: canwehaveanomorealiceeverstorywhenyougetback?

*tiptoes back out*

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

CDHSarah...stop smoking crack. Now. We'll pick a theme when I get back, for godsake.

Having a lovely time, be home soon!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

Electricity is good. How 'bout you leave it for Memphis? That way I can still read old nomorealice stories, even if there aren't any new ones.

Thanks, CDH! I liked the story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home