Monday, July 18, 2005

Super Secret Squirrel Sitemeter Stuff

Still in Super Secret Squirrel mode, probably back to home port tomorrow. Winds fairish with much rain. The men are full of scurvy, and mutter mutinously. Tomorrow I will have them flogged...

No, wait. I'm not really on a pirate mission. Promise.

What I am doing is ignoring cable in order to (of course), obsessively play with Sitemeter, and being mad at the Artist for calling my voicemail and telling me which major character dies in the new Harry Potter. (Not super-duper really mad, but mad enough that I'm going to have to do something similarly underhanded in order to retain my face.)

So, first of all...welcome to those who came here from Blogger (and there were a bunch of y'all...did I get featured or something? (those blogs which go to advertising are not listed. Fuck y'all.)
Godfamilyrepublic, who not surprisingly didn't stay. Sigh.
AllGardening
Petty10-4
SuzieViews
Sankofas
Rojaks (Kuala Lumpur! That reminds me of an ancient Lore comic from the bygone days of the Brunching Shuttlecocks!)
The Wine Kone
Cerka
Gato Federento
Idigak
Paradise City
El Paripatetico
No Guru
Ja tenho um blog
Contemplative Scholar
Pinned & Wriggling
UnYielding
Blogasms
Primate Journal

I will give you all the hits you deserve once I am back to home port.

Second of all, hope the people that were searching for using self hardening clay to make Parthenon (I was in JCL in high school too! Hi!), ya devi sarva bhuteshu (Namas'te!), isis goddess speaking in tongues, you get a line, and rainbow gathering, hope you found what you were looking for.

To whoever searched stinky women, you're a weirdo. Of course, I'm probably a weirdo for putting it into a title, but...shut up.

Plus, of course, all my homies previously mentioned.

In other news, new reviews will go up super soon for Odd Girl Out: The Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls, Jesus & The Essenes, The Jewish Book of Why, and probably From a Buick 8 and Needful Things. (Hi LouiSe!) So I'll be busy, and then I'll be back. And CDHSarah totally misses me, and what she DOESN'T know is that I have a TOTALLY AWESOME theme idea (that is not Tiki Bar) that is going to shock and surprise her so much when she beholds its sheer awesomeness that she will drop Alice into an interdimensional crack, and Alice will be gone. Forever. (Even on vacation, MWN, I always have a nomorealiceever story.)

8 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whooo! I sincerely look forward to the review of Odd Girl Out. It's been on my to-read list ever since I figured out what vicious little bitches girls can be. Hope your time in Secret Squirrel Land has been wondermus.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Odd Girl Out review is up, LadyA.

You think you won't drop Alice, but that's just because you haven't heard the awesomeness that is my theme.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger thewinekone said...

I have no idea why you're featuring me in your blog. I don't believe I've ever come across yours. But since you commented on mine, I thought I might as well comment on yours.

So now what do we do?

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger thewinekone said...

Actually, I should have said:

But since you commented on mine, I thought I should comment on yours because it is necessary.

I would have gotten points for that one, huh?

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Tony wins a cookie for catching the real meaning of my handle on the second run-through. My brother and I use the phrase idiomatically though, semantically somewhere along the lines of "Because I/we must" as a standalone phrase.

I don't know if you actually visited my blog previously or not, but you may have been one of the umpty bloggers whose sites showed up at a run on Sitemeter while I was out of town but didn't stay at the site (and on closer examination of Sitemeter's stats, I think that might have been some kind of navigation software testing or something of the like done automatically by blogger, because they all happened within about five minutes of each other,with a few exceptions).

From here I reckon...we read each other's blogs? Il ne faut pas que vous continuerez a lire ce blog, mais j'espere que vous aimerez ce que vous lisez ici...and if I didn't screw up my tenses there, it's a miracle.

I have to go to bed. But I will read your archives, if not everything you've ever written. In the meantime, welcome...and remember that CDHSarah is my sister in law, so take everything she says about me in the comments with a grain of salt.

(Hi Sarah! I'm back in town! I have a theme! I love you!)

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

You are the FIRST PERSON in my list of links, what else do you want from me? I didn't marry you... :p

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

Your tenses were good. However, "il ne faut pas" has a flavor of "you must not", rather than the direct translation of "it isn't necessary". You might want to go with "il n'est pas necessaire". On the other hand, it's been a while since I studied in France.

Maybe: "Tu peux continuer a lire mon blog, si tu veux. J'espere qu'il te plait."

I'm going with blog being a masculine noun b/c all English words are masculine when used in French. 'Blog' could be different, though; that word didn't exist when I was still learning a bunch of vocab.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Really, MWN? One of the uses for "Il faut" that we learned in conversational was the sense of "It is imperative that", which is how the bad grammar that is my handle came to be.

Zut alors! Porquoi est-ce que j'espere de lire ces comments en francais?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home