Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Away From The Roll Of The Sea

Just a quick update, to let the Loyal Readership of Five know that I made it back into town safely and without major incident. I'm not going to try and do justice to my trip at this hour after eight hours on the road and a celebratory dinner of boiled shrimp, especially since I am being roundly ignored by three very angry cats for the crime of going out of town.

Also, to welcome Tony, who of all the bloggers in the last post came over to say hey, and to thank him for not busting my blatant misspelling of his blog name in the last post, which I will correct shortly.

And to note the two additional weird searches since last night: cattle desanguination, and fuck photo, which is odd only because the user was in Saudi Arabia, where (I think) a-lookin' for such things on the Internets is illegal. Again, intrepid searchers, hope you found that which it was you were seeking, especially the latter.

I would also like to note, for the record, that the phrases "I have to go/am going to bed" have officially become semantically null when spoken by me, because I don't remember the last time I said or typed that and didn't do at least three other things before actually beginning the "going to bed" process.

In parting (because this time I'm really going to bed, I'm knackered), my one and only ET has an opportunity to work with Chillun & Yoot, and the RLoF all know she'd be faboo at that with all her Codger Corral experience. Her interview is today, so be sending all the vibes you can muster her way. (I did a Ganesha mantra between Crossville and Cookeville with some Om shakti thrown in for good measure, and will probably do the same in the morning...and for those who are even bothering to try and guess to whence I voyaged, there are your second and third clues.)

13 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

Thank you, Thank you ET! I'm glad you're home safely, and for workin' it with Ganesh for me.

The tale of the interview (or what information I've got to give) is up at the site, and I am keeping my fingers crossed! Huzzah!

Welcome home!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

ET! I'm so glad...you've been kind of a stranger around here lately, at least where the comments are concerned!

I will work it for Ganesh for anyone...but not for everyone will I name names on the knots in the mala to get it into the Records. That, I do for CDHSarah and my ET. (Worked for her! Hope it works for you!)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

My cat also ignores me whenever I go somewhere for a few days! : (

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger thewinekone said...

The funny thing is that I actually corrected someone about the spelling of my blog just the other day. They too spelled it incorrectly. I told them twice about the mistake, and they told me that I should change it to The Whine Cone. Which is another funny coincidence I will tell another day.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

It's fixed now, Tony. Am I going to have to change it to the Loyal Readership of Six? ;)

Irina, I think I've been forgiven...the Middle Kitty is curled up in my lap, listening to Harry Potter on audiobook. Took an entire day to get him to stop glaring at me from the top of the fridge, but all's well now. I think all cats do this. It offends their dignity when one dares to leave town and interrupt their schedule of napping and breaking ones' things.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger thewinekone said...

Hey, I'm pretty sure I have a viewership of six, too! Anyway, since you tracked me down using your SiteMeter thing, I'll always read your blog anonymously now! Then again, who knows what your SiteMeter thing can do! (Why did I use so many exclaimation marks?)

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Sitemeter can do a LOT of stuff, but I have the cheap (read: free) version, so all I can do is reference the referring link. Which is how I found you.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger thewinekone said...

And you're the happiest woman in the world now that you've found me, I know.

I'm still lost as to why my site showed up on that SiteMeter deal.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

I really think it was blogger testing the "Next blog" software option using some kind of automation....when I went back and referred to details, your blog and most of those blogs I listed had all visited within 3 minutes of one another from similar IP addresses and computers with the same software config. That is my interpretation of it.

I'm pretty darn happy; you seem like a cool guy.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger thewinekone said...

Um, "cool" is an overstatement. Like, extremely over exaggerated. Sorry to break it to you, Parcequilfaut! You have poor taste!

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Cool is a matter of opinion. When you're a solipsist, like me, everything is a matter of opinion. In the Parce universe, you're cool...and while my universe may be in bad taste, it suits me perfectly.
Carry on.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger PsychoToddler said...

It's more than six.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

PT, I'm honored. Welcome! (Does this mean I have to watch my language now?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home