Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy ThanksGiblet

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate it.

This is the part where I'm supposed to tell what I'm thankful for, so here goes.
I'm thankful that I know where next month's rent is coming from, that my crazy boss went out of town for the holiday and gave me a respite, that I spent today with my family and last night with Sri Leela, my Hindu teacher, and her drum circle, that I'm going out in a bit to be on the town and visit with Matt at Cafe O2, and that the Artist, even though he isn't speaking to me, turns 21 today.

I'm also thankful that my sister noticed how skinny I've gotten. While I've never really played into the whole fat/skinny thing, having someone who almost never sees me notice really brought it home. Because "I really want to lose three pounds." ;) Actually not. And I'm glad that she's going to have another ProtoNiece/Nephew at the end of April, although I hope we don't go 0 for 2...I was at Bonnaroo when she had the first one, and don't want to be at PUF when the second one is born.

I am the most thankful of all that the end of NaNoWriMo is in sight. 36,000 words at last count, seven days to finish...this is doable, y'all. Especially since my schedule for tomorrow looks like...having nothing to do at all, all day. There's a technique in the NaNo guide for producing 12,000 words in an eight-hour day that I may take a good look at when I get back from the ParceParentPad.

Anyway. Hope all y'all are well. Know what else I'm grateful for? That I should be getting my Internet back in a few weeks and can return to our regularly scheduled bitchery, pokery, etcetera, etcetera. Yay!

4 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

WOO! Go Parce! You can so do this! (pokepokepoke)

I hope today goes well (like every day) and We're eagerly awaiting your triumphant return!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see the Final Product! :)

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thankful for families to come home to. And then that escape from said families is possible.
I am also thankful that the Parce is flourishing....and WRITING!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

I HAVE A FLAT TIRE AND I CAN'T CHECK MY WORD COUNT.

ARRRRRRGGHGHHHHGHGH (gurgles incoherently).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home