Saturday, January 15, 2005

I'm Blue (Bah-Bah-Dee-Bah-De-Bah)

Arrrrrgh. Arrrgh. Rrrrrr! Arrgh.

The stupid bastards at my former work didn't get my check to me on time. Plus, it's MLK Jr. Day on Monday.

So I am overdrawn, have $23 to get me through until Tuesday, and I am furious. So furious that I am blue in the face.

That is all.

Currently Reading:
Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix. It's the darkest of the books out thus far. I am also speculating as to why anyone would need an Ancient Greek edition of the first HP book. Or a Latinate edition. But that's kind of neat too.

Currently Re-Reading:
The Tail of the Tip-Off, one of the Rita Mae Brown/Sneaky Pie Brown Mrs. Murphy mysteries. Yes, they're fluff. No, I don't care.

Holding Off Until I'm in a Better Temper:
the new edition of BUST, featuring Björk and Tori Amos.

Leave me a comment. It feels goooood.

3 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

Shit, ET, I'm sorry to hear that things are less than swell. The kneecapping offer still stands. I'd gladly beat the crap out of those bastards. If not kneecapping, I could consider hexing them...

Tuesday's coming fast, ET. Things WILL work out.

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

It may make you feel better to hear that there are people in your profession with even worse problems: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/987643.cms

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

I've dealt with those people too, as the place that fired me had a large Indian contingent. People are fucking pathetic.

Thanks for the reality check though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home