Saturday, May 21, 2005

20/80 AC/DC SEEKS WATER BROTHER

Just checking in. After minor drama too petty and ultimately irrelevant to relate, I am checking in from one of my super secret locations. There's another post waiting at Parce Central, but I haven't been home in over 36 hours due to aforesaid minor drama, so instead I thought I'd catch up with my ET while I had the opportunity. And, true to form, she piqued my interest with her version of the Tomato Nation Personals Ad Experiment.

I haven't ever placed a real profile of myself online, and don't think I'd care to. Much as there are physical places in this city that I've pretty much given up visiting because of the incursion of the people I think of as the "visibly cool". With my water brotherhood, I am utterly naked. Around everyone else, I tend to be clothed like my upstairs neighbor, metaphorically speaking. I'll talk to almost anyone, but won't show you anything truly important without feeling you out with all of my senses.

How would I even begin to describe myself in 25 words or less? Does bi-polar count as 2 words?

You know, I thought I could. And I can't. Hell, my faithful Readership of About Five (hi y'all!) don't even grok me in fullness, I don't think, with the possible exception of CDHSarah, and she's admitted that she doesn't grok with fullness on more than one occasion. We don't speak Martian. We're not telepathic enough to live in a nest where Discordia has been transcended. But we do all right for the only relatively trained.

I realized trying, you can't advertise for a water brother. A water brother meets you when cusp is. In alternate and more general terms, I discussed that with the Artist just tonight. It goes back to my oft-cited thing I'm going to write a book about someday, my theory that everyone's personal experience or life, if viewed from the fourth dimension (which would allow you to see time as a unified whole, the way you can see one surface of a piece of paper as a whole), would act as both a wave and a particle within the closed system of the three-dimensional universe, which would go a long way towards trying to answer the free will vs. predestination argument...but as my ride beckons, that's a subject for another day.

Note: ignore all broken links, will be fixed at Parce Central shortly.

4 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I could sum up any of the cared-for folks in my life in 25 words or less...to say nothing of myself. But, then, considering I'm an English major with a [strong] tendency towards rambling, this should surprise noone.
Anywho...good to *hear* from you, hope all the busyness went reasonably well!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Special Sauce said...

Huzzah! She's back! Sort of!

Glad to see that your schedule didn't do you in. And I don't think anyone can really sum themselves, or anyone else they care about in 25 words or less. (The lesser loved ones are easy- "He/she/it's a jerk" sums things up nicely. But that's not what we're talking about.

Welcome back!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

I hate limitations.

"In 500 words or less, describe..."

That's one of the reasons I didn't like high school nearly much as I like college. How could you put yourself in a box of word numbers???

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*looks about* Where are you?? Not online, not posting blogs...eep! I am having hippie withdrawl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home