Sunday, January 16, 2005

Dammit, Kitty Sensei

My kitten may be a spaz. But I think she's a Buddha.

I was just about to finish an awesome, link-intensive post for Split Personality about books and what I read, when I did -- something, I have no idea what -- and shut down the browser window.

One of these days I will learn not to compose in the browser window. But not today.

So I was furious, cursing, bitching, all those things you are when an hours' work goes to waste -- and about to say some things I'd regret over on BUST when I felt something cold on my arm.

Kitten had brought me Snakey (a tiny rubber snake she unearthed somewhere and proceeded to pair-bond with) so I could play with her. This is not kitten's normal mode. Normally Kitten and Snakey are in their own little universe, in which humans and other cats are unwelcome. Presumably other rubber snakes are not welcome either, but we haven't tested that one as yet.

Deep breath. Sigh. Where did my anger and frustration go? The same place as the last half-inch of Snakey's tail.

In other news, Ghost of Goldwater, with whom I have very little in common except a love of kittens and Douglas Adams, (well, we also have low tolerance for idiots judging by the circumstantial evidence) sent me this link about idiots intentionally harassing Indian call center operators, having confused that with a constructive protest of overseas outsourcing. People, you are assholes and karma is a bitch. You're not getting reborn as a Hindi for fifteen hundred kalpas, and that sucks for you.

(thanks GoG for the link)

leave me a comment...leave me a comment...

5 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

I'm leaving a comment...I'm leaving a comment...

Okay, your kitty sounds like a rock star. Aren't they the greatest? I have a pair of them and they absolutely make my day. It's pretty much impossible to remain cranky when you have an eight pound ball of fur and damnation staring into your face and daring you to make her day. She just looks at me like, "Why the hell aren't you petting me? This is about ME, remember?"

How many kalpas 'til I get reincarnated as a cat?

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! MaVin here. I am trying to catch up on your blog now that I have some time (the new little baby is asleep shhh) and reading about your kitty and snakey made my day! I just love little things like that. My kitty has a toy cockroach that I made her and it is the sweetest thing ever when she carries it over in her mouth.

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank the goddess for our warm furry babies! i lovelovelove snakey! alexei platinovich (who is purring in my lap as i speak) has a "tiger tail" which he randomly "kills", with horrid, scary, LOUD noises -- and then he grabs it in his mouth and comes RUNNING as fast as he can go to drop it at our feet and show us that he has once again saved our lives and allowed us to sleep peacefully at night, free from the fear that the dread tiger tail will kill us in our sleep.......

((((((zen)))))))

kisses as always, tes

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Memphis Word Nerd said...

I want a snakey! My cat was sitting on the balcony one night (next to a thick trellis and an overgrown tree that probably had a huge bug infestation) and caught the BIGGEST cockroach that I have ever seen. He was so proud of himself, providing food for the larder. He brought it in and showed it to me, still kicking and trying to escape. Man, that thing was HUGE! My poor cat probably had a heart attack because I screamed bloody murder and chased him back out the door onto the balcony and made him drop the bug. He was so mad that he growled at me every time I came near him for the rest of the night. Poor kitty!

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. I had one who killed socks*. Oh, Mighty Hunter of knitted footwear, I bow to your superior skills in tracking and slaying the elusive sock.

*Most of the time socks, but sometimes pairs of pantyhose and the occasional pair of sweatpants.

Jillie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home